Why Choose Skyscapes for Structural Wooden Tiles?
- Structural wooden tiles are an elegant and dur able soltuion to transform your balcony or rooftop into a create an outdoor oasis
- Create a cleaner, more inviting outdoorspace as compared to standard concrete
- Differentiate your business from competitors in the mind of your guests
- Our unique outdoor flooring solutions help to expand the feeling of usable space in your home or business
- 10-year warranty on the Eco Arbor Wooden decking
- Over a decade of proven success
Structural Tiles Specs and Information
- Tiles will come oiled unless otherwise specified
- Solid single board support the 8 decking slats underneath the itles (not the small boards that have combine by finger joints)
- All fasteners are hidden under the tiles, this is aesthetically appealing and prevents water and debris from building up around the fasteners
- These are the thickest wooden structural deck tiles on the north American Market
- All decking boards are A grade True Bolivian Ipe lumber. (Our owner, travels to Bolivia to source sustainable high quality Ipe lumber)
- The ends of the decking boards are finished with a paraffin wax, this disperses over time and allows moisture to leave the wood slowly, this prevents warping and large structural cracks!
What are Eco Deck Structural Wooden Deck Tiles?
Skyscapes’ structural deck tiles are an elegant and durable solution for roof decking and elevated flooring. They are designed to be used on pedestal supports but can be installed over joist framing and dtraditional decks.
Why Choose Eco Structural Wooden Deck Tiles?
- Incredibly durability rating and are
built to last 20+ years
- Three times harder than Red Oak
- Wires, hoses, etc. may be concealed within the cavity under the elevated platform, while still remaining accessible.
- Base allows for water, dirt and snow to drain which allows complete air circulation around the board
- Light weight, low-maintenance and termite proof.
ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT PEDESTALS
Our structural tiles are specifically designed for use with adjustable height pedestals as a cost effective means of creating elegant, perfectly horizontal, load bearing decks over sloping, uneven, cracked or unsightly concrete surfaces or rooftops. Skyscapes uses a combination of both VersiJack® and SpiraPave® for structural pedestals.
VersiJack® 75 is used to support pavers, beams and bearers in the construction of roof terraces, pedestrian walkways, roof gardens and platforms.
- Heavy duty, adjustable, and lightweight
- Adjustable in height from 3″ – 6″ inches
- Maximum height of 48 inches
- Reduces sound transmission
- Increases heat insulation.
- Used with granite, marble, precast concrete, Ipe tiles as well as industrial gratings.
- Hollow internal core allows additional ballast such as cement infill if required.
- Manufactured from 100% recycled or clear virgin plastics.
- Head diameter 6.3″
- Base diameter 8.1″
- Extender height 3″
- > 3527.4 lbs
- 5.94″ onwards with
- extenders 1 – 4.4″ per extender
- 1.54 lb. per unit
- -20 Cº to 120 Cº
- Polypropylene Extender.
SpiraPave® is low profile optimal decking support that acts as both a stand alone and a combination pedestal. It can be installed directly and used in combination with VersiJack® pedestals to provide exceptional versatility.
- The high-tech design allows SpiraPave® to support any sized bearer – a simple twist locks the bearer in place.
- Adjustable from 20 – 87mm and
- can account for slopes up to 5% when combined with an optional Slope Corrector.
- Each SpiraPave pedestal is capable of supporting 2.5 tonnes
- Capable of stepping up or down for fine tuning height adjustments.
- Has a minimum height of 12 mm makes it ideal for installations where conventional height-adjustable pedestals are generally too high to be used.
Height range .66″ to 3.42″
Unmatched compressive strength. Each SpiraPave® unit can hold up to 2500kg.
SpirePave® can be secured to the supporting surface and locked at chosen heigh, eliminating settling issues with competitive
SIZES & TILE DETAILS
- Height range .66″ to 3.42″
- 5.75lbs per SqFt (very lightweight)
- Class A
- (ASTM E108-07a Spread of Flame
- 3680lbs (JankaRating)
|WOOD TYPES||HARDNESS JANKA SCALE (LBS)||BENDING STRENGTH (PSI)||FIRE RATING||DECAY RESISTANCE||LIFE SPAN (YEARS)||APPEARANCE|
|IPE||3680||22 560||High A||Highest rating for insect and termite resistance.||30||Also known as “Ironwood,” is extremely dense and tight-grained. No splinters, surface stays smooth & resists damage.|
|MASSARANDUBA||3190||17 310||High A||Highest rating for insect and termite resistance.||251||Also known as Brazlian Redwood, has a consistent reddish colour with a fine straight grain and is nearly blemish free.|
|TEAK||1000||14 600||Medium B-C||Generally very resistant.Different grades will vary greatly.||10-15||Very dense, straight-grained hardwood with a high natural oil content. Deep rich brown with some pieces displaying red and amber hues|
|PRESSURE TREATED PINE||870||14 500||Varies||Chromated copper aresnate in wood offers excellent resistance, but with potential health and environmental risks.||10||Surface develops splits and boards tend to
cup and twist. Can become rough & gray to green without regular sealing.
|COMPOSITE DECKING||940 – 1390||1500 – 4500||Low C-D||Generally resistant. Different types will vary greatly.||10-15||Tendency to sag, expand, contract and fade in sunlight. Susceptible to moisutre, mold and mildew.|
|REDWOOD||480||7900||Low C-D||Resistant to decay, but relatively soft and quick to weather.||10-12||Usually straight-grained with a fine, even texture. Scratches easily, splinters and becomes black-gray without regular sealing.|